I started looking around at Toyota Matrix's as that's the one I've had in my head, but I'm.... skeptical on the interior redesign that seemed to have happened. So while I'll be looking at those, I want to expand my thoughts on cars that I might want.
What I'm looking for:
- First off, it's used. I don't like paying for a new car and all the depreciation that happens with that.
- Automatic. No one wants me in a manual, least of all me.
- A hatchback, wagon, or I'm kinda open to a crossover if I can't find any in those two. Last option would be another sedan, but I do prefer good cargo space. SUVs often are much higher off the ground than I would prefer for myself, and vans are just too.... big.
- Reasonable leg room in the back, as we are a three adult household.
- Minimum of 30 mpg on the highway. It needs to be good for longish distance travel.
- Moderate noise is okay, but of course the quieter the better.
- I hate the boxy designs that seem to have come out in the last few years. HATE them. A Scion xB is like the epitome of what I am expressly not looking for.
- Option to plug in my iPod would be fantastic. But seeing that some of the places I'd like to be driving to don't so much have good music stations I assume, this is going to be moderately important.
- Lastly, cost. I don't really want to spend more than $15k. If I get a new to me car this year, it will likely delay my credit card paying off for about 6 months. But I'm starting to feel that's worth it given how house bound I'm feeling lately and I need some definite new experiences like that.
So dear LJ, suggestions? Doing my own research is just giving me a headache, and I don't even have a list of things that I would want to test drive after a couple hours of this.
And I already know I don't want a Nissan Versa. R has one, and while I can drive it, I am not fond of driving it. Perfect for her, not so much for me. I want a car I love because the last three cars/vans I have had, I did not, and were not ones I would have chosen on my own.
I miss my old Camry wagon. *sigh*